Friday, February 27, 2015

Napoleonic Spanish Militia

I have finished my battalion of provincial militia my Spanish contingent (still deciding on a flag, but will most likely go with the standard red X cross). As you may have read these are in fact figures from the Perry Carlist wars range.


Just enough red showing to add a little color to the unit.
 
 
 You’ll notice a priest is accompany the battalion … which fits in well with the militia theme.
 
I had some figures left over, so made up a skirmishing unit of Spanish guerillas.

And finally what Spanish army would be complete without a tiny unit of armed Monks!

Next up is a unit of Spanish cavalry … after which I may take a break from the Spanish. I’ll either work more on my Austrian contingent or get sucked into the Wars of the Spanish Succession that is sweeping the store!

2 comments:

  1. They look really nice. Perfect combination of Perry Miniatures and your painting and basing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. And I see an Elite officer in there as well :) I also used Perry Carlist War figures for a couple of my Spanish militia battalions. Great minds and all that :)

    ReplyDelete