Monday, June 22, 2015

Austrian Cuirassier Regiment


I finished the first of two Austrian cuirassier regiments last week. Not one of my better paint jobs but good enough to game with. I skipped some of the smaller details, like lining the cuirass red, but was most disappointed in that the white coats came out "grayer" than previous Austrian units.
 

The figures are from Perry Miniatures and the detail is as good as always.

 
 
 
I think I'll mix up the poses in the next unit by using one of the upraised sword figures on each flank, instead of grouped together on one base.



While I have already started cleaning up the next cuirassier unit (plus some generals) it might be a bit before I get to painting them as I am working on a FOW Vietnam project for the store (I really hate painting black!).

2 comments: